Ivermectin, or Stromectol in generic form, is an antiparasitic drug most commonly used to treat parasitic infections in humans and animals. The medication has been prescribed by doctors worldwide since the 1980s and has proven to be an incredibly effective tool against many different kinds of parasitic worms and other pests, including pinworms, ascarids, hookworms, roundworms, whipworms, and lice.

What is ivermectin?

iverjohn is a medication that can be used to treat certain parasitic infections. It works by killing the parasites. Ivermectin can be taken orally or injected. The oral form is used to treat head lice and scabies. The injectable form is used to treat river blindness and strongyloidiasis. Ivermectin does not kill the adult worms that cause onchocerciasis and therefore does not cure this disease.

Why do we give ivermectin in horses?

Ivermectin is a medication used to treat a variety of parasites in horses. It is effective against both internal and external parasites, including bots, Strongyloides westeri, large strongyles, small strongyles, and pinworms. Ivermectin can be given orally or by injection. The recommended dose for horses is 0.4 mg/kg body weight.

Why does it work so well in horses?

Iverjohn 12mg  works by binding to glutamate-gated chloride channels in invertebrate nerve and muscle cells. This action causes an increase in chloride ion conductance, resulting in paralysis and death of the parasite. Ivermectin is effective against a wide variety of parasites, including those that cause river blindness and elephantiasis. In horses, ivermectin is used to treat bots, strongyles, and roundworms. It is important to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for dosing, as larger doses can be toxic to horses.

Problems with overdosing ivermectin

The injectable form of ivermectin is more potent than the oral form and can cause serious side effects or even death if not used properly. When taking any medication, it is important to follow the dosing instructions provided by your healthcare provider. Overdoses of ivermectin are more likely to occur when the injectable form is used because it is more potent and can be easily administered in large doses. If you or someone you know has overdosed on ivermectin, seek medical attention immediately.

Why are overdoses more likely with injectable vs. oral ivermectin products?

Injectable ivermectin products are more likely to cause overdoses because they are given in one dose. This can lead to people not being able to properly measure the amount they are taking, which can lead to taking too much. Also, injectable ivermectin products have a higher concentration of the drug than oral products, so it is easier to take too much if you are not careful. If you do accidentally take too much ivermectin, it is important to seek medical help immediately as it can be very dangerous.

How to avoid overdoses when administering ivermectin injectables (oral dosage not addressed here)

Iverjohn 12mg is a potent medication used to treat various parasitic infections. When used properly, it is safe and effective. However, because it is so potent, it is important to be careful to avoid giving too much ivermectin, which can lead to serious side effects. Here are some tips for avoiding an overdose when administering ivermectin injectables:

-Check the weight of the animal before administration. Ivermectin dosing is based on weight, so it's important to know the weight of the animal you're treating in order to give the proper dose.

-Read the label carefully. Make sure you are using the correct product and that you understand how to use it properly.